Friday, October 06, 2006

LNB #023: What If Everything We've Been Told About Business Planning Is, Well, Wrong!

People know that the chief reason businesses fail is lack of planning, followed by lack of a system for implementation. Still, business owners don't create them and don't operate from them.

What gives?!

Here's what people are saying:

  • I put together a business plan for my company when I started it. It was a horrible process and I ain't doing that again.
  • I put one together. It cost me a mint and then the consultant wanted more to implement it.
  • I don't have time.
  • I don't have a business that needs a 70 page business plan.
  • My other managers are doing "stuff," but we're not all on the same page.

and more.

People are looking for a process that will allow them to have a business planning and implementation system that's nimble, simple and elegant.

Here are the key questions you need to answer with your planning:

  • What are we building?
  • Why does this business exist?
  • What results will we measure?
  • How will we build this business?
  • What's the work to be done?

Be looking for a 25 October 2007 webinar on business results. The webinar will be from 11 am - 12:30 pm ET (US). Check back often for additional information, including how you'll sign up for this complimentary webinar.

0 comments: